Antique Mulberry transferware plate by Podmore Walker & Company. The plate almost looks like a flow black transferware but it is a deep dark purple or what they would call Mulberry color. The back of the plate has the hallmark PW with a bird and the pattern Corean. The pattern is an Asiatic scene with the background having a temple and a boat in the water. The foreground has a willow tree with an urn and flowers. The plate has a beautiful pattern of scroll work. The deep purple flows throughout the plate.
It does have a small chip on the lip as shown in photo 4 and a couple of chips on the base of the plate. There is also a small hairline crack on the underneath as shown in photo 8. It is still a beautiful plate and perfect to use in a display.
Thomas Podmore and Company began in 1830 and was joined by Thomas Walker in 1835. The company used the P W and Company stamp until 1856. In 1857 Enoch Wedgwood who had been a partner with Podmore in the beginning assumed a larger role in the business and the backstamp became P W W. Also the name Wedgwood would also appear.
This plate has the stamp P W & Co. dating the plate pre 18576.
Dimensions: 10.25 inches
If you have any questions or would like more photos I will be happy to assist in any way.
Shipping quote is for calculated shipping Standard Post USPS.
International customers please contact for an accurate quote before purchasing.
Vintage China from SouthernLadyEstates:
Non - Smoking Environment
Thank you for looking!
Continue Shopping: SouthernLadyEstates.etsy.com
Payment is through Etsy Checkout.
The various forms of Secure Options are listed above.
Etsy keeps your payment information secure. Etsy shops never receive your credit card information.
If you are interested in purchasing an item over $100.00 and need payments divided into 2 or 3 payments I will be happy to work with you. Please email me with the request.
* I try to ship the safest and most economical way for the customer. I will check cost USPS and Fed Ex Home Delivery and if Fed Ex is less I will contact you with the shipping quote.
* Items will be shipped USPS STANDARD Ground, First Class Mail, or PRIORITY MAIL WITH TRACKING on the following Tuesday or Friday after receiving cleared payment.
* Depending on the size and weight of the box an item may also be shipped Fed Ex Ground or Home Delivery. Items shipped to the West Coast in larger and heavier boxes are usually more economical going Fed Ex Home Delivery or ground.
* A shipping notification will be sent with the tracking number and estimated delivery date for all purchases.
* All priority mail and federal express shipments will carry insurance. USPS parcel select ground does not carry insurance.
* Any overage in shipping cost is always refunded to the customer.
* If the item happens to be a large piece of furniture, it may take a longer, but I will definitely let you know regarding any delay.
PLEASE CONTACT ME BY EMAIL REGARDING SHIPPING COST FOR FURNITURE OR FREIGHT.
* All purchases are packed extremely well, so if an item happens to arrive damaged please notify me immediately.
Please contact me via email to confirm shipping costs.
* Packages will be sent first class mail international if possible.
* All import duties, customs, taxes, and charges are the buyer's responsibility. I cannot mark an item below the value or mark the item as a gift. You will need to check with your country's custom office to determine what these costs will be prior to your purchase.